20 FIREPLACE DESIGN IDEAS TO CREATE WINTER WARMTH

As bitter cold as this winter has been, many people are once again turning to their fireplace to create winter warmth. A fireplace is not only a decorative fixture to create seasonal displays on, but it is also a functional form. Many design their room layout around the fireplace, mostly to enjoy the warm glow and atmosphere, plus it is the natural focal point of a room. A more traditional style home may have a fireplace centered in a wall, built with and surrounded by brick or covered in stone, and perhaps flanked with built-in bookcases (or half cases if there are windows). However, in some modern architectural designs, a fireplace can actually act as a room divider and circulate heat plus ambiance between two spaces - for example between a living room and dining area. Even a mid-century modern home or loft space may have a floating metal fireplace. Whichever style you currently live with, you may be interested in redesigning its look - especially if you've recently purchased a fix-up home. Keep in mind: although the fireplace may be the focal point of the room, the TV need not be. Here are twenty inspirational fireplace design ideas - from modern to transitional style - to help you create winter warmth with style...

Modern Fireplace Design Ideas


 via

 via

 via 

 via

 via


 via

 via


 Transitional Fireplace Design Ideas


Along with a fireplace form and function, maintenance and safety are most important, particularly the chimney, from the flue to the damper to the firebox to the hearth (see Anatomy of a Chimney). For information on Fireplace Safety, see these articles:



 When I began writing this post, I had intended to end it with a feature and link to Sweet Something Designs, an excellent source of seasonal mantel styling... But when I went to visit my fellow blogger friend, I learned she had lost her battle - with cancer... So I'd like to dedicate this post (although not necessarily her style) to Michelle Edwards, who could create one heck of a tastefully done, seasonally styled mantelscape... I will pull together a few of my favorites, and share in a future post... Right now I just need to embrace the moment of the loss of a wonderful person and talent, who once again is gone too soon...
Prayers for healing to The Edwards Family...


I hope you found inspiration for your fireplaces design ideas and stay warm during this years bitter winter cold...

Thank you for stopping by...










6 comments:

  1. Just had to let you know that I always look forward to seeing your posts. It never fails that I see something I must pin to one of my Pinterest boards! Keep up the great work, Lynda.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved so many of these mantel designs. Have a great week.

    Thank you Lynda...for mentioning Sweet Something Designs. I had followed her off and on and knew she had a bad form of cancer but I did not realize she had passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Stuff, This blog has some cool, inexpensive ideas for decorating the home furniture.


    Bobs Furniture | Bob's Discount Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you missed electric fireplace heaters… they are Eco-friendly with no emissions, low running costs, totally portable etc.

    http://electricfireplaceheater.org/best-electric-fireplace-heaters/68-10-best-electric-fireplace-entertainment-center.html ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pinned just about every photo! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out pictures of Club Fenders and Old English Fireplace Benches. These add relevance, design and function year-round to the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails